Thursday, February 17, 2011

#When I was Little

This was the trending topic on Twitter some time ago and What an awesome #TT (Trending Topic for non-Tweeters).

I remember when I was little, I was such an imaginative person. I wrote a book I never published called "Nossisa Spice". My entire family knows the story of an orphan yadda yadda yadda. And they tease me about it from time to time.It was like a 'Malory Towers' book mixed with 'Maltida'. You know what else I did when I was little? I played outside all the time. I cooked with 'leaves' around my house and used 'dark sand' as 'Maggi' and 'white sand' as 'Salt'. If I was lucky, I found some 'red sand' to be my 'Pepper'. I smile when I think about it because it was so awesome and when my friends were over they'd join in. I don't recall "the twin' joining in this though. I doubt it was her thing. lol

It saddens me a bit when I see the course the world has run. My baby sister doesn't even WANT to be outside. She'd rather play Wii or watch TV and listen to her iPod or maybe play her Nintendo DS. She writes though...Which I love. But I just can't believe how different the younger generation is. My brother had a Sega Game Console when we were young but we'd play it every OTHER time. Most times, we rode our bicycles, or played soccer. Let's say we were ONE with nature. With technology, the kids don't even have a chance to experience Mother Nature. And talk to her and understand what she's saying. My fear is that she won't care too much for the younger generation because hey! they never checked up on her.

This is why I love that the family makes us take trips to the Village. Even though all the technology is STILL there. The urge to be outside is much greater and always wins. From running away from masquerades to trying to hit some oranges down from a tree to chasing chickens around the house to sitting under trees and playing on swings and slides.

What can I say? I'm in love with tradition, nature and being free-spirited. My fear is that MY kids may think that's 'old school' and it's ridiculously disturbing.

And ahem..Did I mention i got a Michael Kors watch for Valentine's day! Totally unexpected and my first watch in my adult life. I'm so happy. I thought I was going to beat tje boyfriend by getting us a spa trip...I guess I was wrong... oh well good things come to those who wait!


So these shoes I'm rocking just to spite my sister. They're from Le Chateau and somehow my sister HATES it. She think it's ugly and so I don't wear it too often! What do you guys think? It might be my favourite pair of shoes.....





I pulled an MJ stunt. haha! You know I need my moves.....Don't laugh....





Have a beautiful weekend loves!

Yours Truantly,
Ij

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

loveee the OUTFIT!

Blogs On Blogger said...

Greetings, Was Checking Out Linda Ikeji's Blog and noticed Your Blog and really love what You putting Up Here and said i ask if You would like Your Blog Listed on My Blogger Blogs Directory on http://blogsonblogger.blogspot.com/ Wish You A Fruitful Blogging Lifestyle.
Cheers.

bob-ij said...

Jennifer::: Thanks miss!

Blogs on Blogger::: Thank you very much. I would not mind that.

~x~

Fragilelooks said...

CAMERA FRIENDLY I MUST SAY. GR8 OUTFIT.

~Sirius~ said...

LOL @ MJ move.

Sorry Lav, I'm with the Twin on this one, the shoes aint werking for me....aah han.

I was smiling as I was reading your post, the more I read, the wider the smile...I used real fire and vegetables with sand to cook! we cooked in empty tins, my God, using sticks to stir. lol

Bicycle riding with the neighbours, swinging, climbimg trees! plucking fruits-
the occasionally full house everybody witing for their turn to handle the contral pad of the nintendo, then snes, then sega

*sigh

unfortunatley I know my kids will be handed an ipad from thier dad once they are out from the womb!

.....nothing we can do, i'm sure we felt our parent's growing up was equally "not our style"

Rita said...

For how trendy you are, one would not easily guess that you like those good old days...I miss them too and I feel those days helped with our creativity and social life.

As usual, the outfit is beautiful.

Been a long while...hope you are doing good...

Yankeenaijababe said...

Wow! Love the watch o girl..loving the pictures...keep bringing them, old skool rocks to me, don't be worried for your kids, they would adapt to mama's style while young.lol

bob-ij said...

Sirius::: haha! But it it sand MJ move..No? You too? I agree they're not "pretty" shoes. But that's y I like them. diamond in the rough haha! Real fire? I didn't dare. lol @ taken turns at the games. And lmao to blaming their 'dad' for the iPad. I guess you are right tho. I never looked at it that way. It does change from generation to generation.

Fragilelooks::: Oh why Thank you kindly.

Rita::: Right? Thanks! I'm good actually. Been awesome..school, life and life! lool

YNC::: haha! thanks! awesome idea. I'm going to surround them with nature..maybe force them into it. lol. Forest wall paper and things...hahahah!

~x~

Anya Posh said...

lol...those shoes are somehow though. They have a 90s look to them especially with those black straps at the back. but if you love 'em, you love 'em. Don't let no one tell you different!

bob-ij said...

AnyaPosh::: haha! I love that look now. lol. I love 'em and I'm going to stand by them especially in their time of need...loool

~x~

Chizy K said...

where did u get that blazer, it looks awesome against ur skin